[DML] [ADMIN] Vendor posts

We've been getting a lot of off-list mail regarding the policy about vendor posts. This is covered in two places:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Admin/vendor_rules.html
and
http://www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

Rather than repeating all that, here's a short interpretation that we attempt to follow:
-- A "vendor" is anyone offering DeLorean-related parts AND/OR service for sale on an ongoing basis. My definition, not necessarily the dictionary's.

--Vendors are welcome to note their specific solutions to problems posted on the list. Posts referencing solutions unrelated to the initial problem will be deleted (i.e. pitching a fuel accumulator in response to a wheel size post).

--Vendors are welcome to post a one-time announcement of something new to offer.

--Repeated posts within a short time of the same product will be deleted. Obviously on a list like this the same questions come up from time to time, that's where moderator discretion comes in.

--Posts offering items unrelated to DeLorean application will be deleted.

--Relevant and thoughtful commentary based on first-hand experience with specific products or services is welcomed. If we let Vendors post, we sure aren't going to stop product/service reviews from users. We won't allow personal attacks on vendors themselves.
Some other thoughts...
In general, like any other information on the list, the moderators are not personally checking out the usefulness of a particular product for its intended purpose, the pricing compared to other sources, etc. If you think something is a screaming deal, buy it. If it's overpriced to you, don't. Not everyone has the time to chase down parts all over the internet and many may find that something made readily available is worth the extra cost compared to leaving work early, driving all over town, and arguing with some guy at an auto parts store about what will and won't fit a DeLorean.

Keep in mind that the vendors are offering a valuable service to the community, including research and development, carrying inventory, taking your phone calls all hours of the day etc. Many of them are making a full-time living at this and if you don't like their profit margin you are welcome to do your own work. If you don't like the way someone does business or treats you on the phone, then use someone else. They will get the message.