[DML] [ADMIN] Unsigned Posts

Thank you all for your inputs on the "unsigned posts" topic. After some further consideration by the moderators, we've decided not to specifically change the policy, but you will see some impacts.

Based on the fact that, on the internet, a signature is a pretty transient and unverifiable thing, we are not going to categorically reject unsigned posts. We DO encourage you to sign posts, at least with some repeatable identity if not your real name. This tends to keep everyone on friendlier terms, make it easier to get to know people when you do meet in person, and generally makes for a better attitude on the list.

That being said, anonymous or pseudonym posts will be handled in a much more stringent manner than posts from identifiable members, and anonymous posts trolling for inflammatory responses will no longer be processed.  We are also going to get a bit more adamant about keeping on topic - in other words keep your politics, religion, and legal opinions off the list. These topics don't seem to serve a particularly useful function on this list, are never resolved, and there are plenty of other places to voice your opinions on non-DeLorean topics.

As always keep in mind that there are five moderators, with varying tolerances for what gets through. This is also part of the list's "feel", and is probably not going to change. Most of this is spelled out in the rules of the list (http://www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html) but is worth reviewing from time to time.

Dave Swingle - on behalf of the moderation team.