[DML] gas tank

For those following the saga of the dragging gas tank, this is a final report.

I ordered a used one from Josh Haldeman and he sent to me via UPS. The tank arrived here faster than the postal service delivered the money order to him! Those DeLorean owners concerned about ordering parts from some other members can relax a little when dealing with a responsible vendor. The tank was so well wrapped, padded, and boxed, that even in Hurricane Frances, Charley, or whatever, this thing would not have been damaged. My wife will be snapping the bubble wrap for a week! The tank was clean, & baffle installed. It was not that difficult to wedge into position when someone else, stronger than me, with a commercial floor hoist, and arms like Popeye pushes, screams and shoves it in. I did the rest myself!

Garage door opened, I laid the pump gently into the tank, hoses were hooked up, clamps secured, gas poured into the tank as well as spilling some into the spare tire well. After wiping the spillage, and waiting for the air to clear, key inserted, prayers made, and my baby purred again.

Drove it this morning to a photo shoot for a November business magazine article on what vehicles some business people drive.

After laying dormant in my garage for about a month, the car never ceases to amaze me what a thrill it is to get behind the wheel of the dream.

Marv.
# 17077
marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx