[DML] Re: Re: indicator panel (was: Delorean rear view camera)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:23:04 -0000, "James" <james@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like the small LCD, and it makes me wonder if something
> similar could be done to fill the hole next to the rheostat
> left when the clock is removed. Because of the location, angle
> and small size, probably wouldn't be much good as a backup camera.
> But I remember Jan Van De Wouw did a neat indicator panel there
> showing cooling fans, etc. Hopefully he will chime in on that.

Yes, it was me who did that:

<http://members.home.nl/delorean/monitor/>

It shows power to the Fuel Pump, Power to the AC-clutch,
both Fans getting power (showing my Fan Zilla cycling),
the Otterstat coming on and it indicates the status of my Alarm.

Since my first release of pictures I have rebuilt (parts of)
this system 4 times, being on revision 7 or 8 as it stands...
The clock really isn't usefull becuase of position and deviation
of about 5 minutes per week (on mine at least), this I CAN use...

It's helped me diagnose some trouble with my RPM-relay so far
that would have been tricky to diagnose elsewise, since I didn't
have anything to do electrical tests with me then...

The succes on my DeLorean has even inspired me to work on
something similar on my regular car, but insteda of making
the panel myself, I'm using unused indicator-positions on
my retrofitted digital dash for that...

Any questions are welcome, but I will NOT sell them...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000