[DML] #1 cylinder update

Dear List,

    In the past, I stated that #1 cylinder would carbon up so bad that
it would no longer fire and raw gas would get into the crankcase. I had
a chance to spend a few hours working on it. I did several things all in
the same time frame. First I changed the oil & filter for the 3rd time
in 50 miles. I wanted to make sure I didn't have gas in the oil. I also
added RXP to the gas, an additive to remove carbon deposits. I also
bought a new set of plug wires and replaced the one for # 1 cylinder, (
it was the only one with a problem ). Even thought I made several checks
to test the wire, several of you suggested I replace it, and because of
all the pulling , twisting and such that I did to it, there was some
question as to its integrity. I also swapped the #1 injector with #2.  I
drove the car for 30 minutes on the interstate at 65 MPH and in 4th
gear. Then I returned home and checked the plugs, #1 has a nice white
color to the porcelain, it has a light amount of carbon on the plug. A
slight touch with my little finger takes it off. Prior to this test, the
carbon was so bad that soot would ball up on the plug. All other plugs
looked normal. I checked the dip stick and could not smell any gas
present. I hope this is the fix, I'll know more after longer running. I
think the problem was the plug wire all along. High voltage breakdown
would be my guess. No amount of testing beats replacement.
    Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Steve