[DML] Re: Rough Idle

My idle was somewhat awkward last week as well.  When I started my
car it started really rough and the RPM's jumped from about 500 to
750 and then it died.  It almost felt like it was misfiring.  I had
to start it about four times and then it smoothed itself out at 900
RPM's.  In another post I said that I just replaced my spark plugs
so I know that those are probably what caused it.  I broke those in
really good last night and it runs fine now.

Another problem is your engine my have some condensation in it.
That happend to me once to.  I washed it and some water got into the
air intake on top.  It would not start cold for a while and I had to
play with it a little to get the water out of it, but that caused
simial idle problems.

My advice would be to check for any loose connections on the spark
plugs, and see if you can find any traces of water in the engine.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Rydholm" <ebondefender@xxxx>
wrote:

> I have a very similar problem to yours, Shannon. My car usually
does
> ~900-950 idle and has been fluctuating back and forth a bit like
it
> wants to stall. I have also had times when I step on the gas, and
it
> accelerated much slower than normal even in 1st. I tried putting
fuel
> injector cleaner in my tank, and now I'm going to try replacing
all 6
> sparkplugs with Bosch-platinums. I REALLY hope it's not my fuel
pump,
> as I have a faint whine behind the dash/hood area. (Of course I
> suppose that's an excuse for a Tankzilla or something- if only I
> could afford that.)
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "birdwell77095" <birdwells@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >

> > My car normally idles at about 900 RPM. In the last couple of
days
> it
> > will drop slightly then rev back up. When I press the
accelerator