RE: [DML] Trailing Arm Bolt Removal

I want to echo Dave's recommendation to make sure that trailing arms and
bolts are in perfect condition.

We had the same situation with my son's car. On principle we planned a Toby
TAB transplant. One side came out with no difficluty at all, but on one side
we had to saw through the bolt to drop the trailing arm. There was a 20 ton
arbor press a few feet away so we tried to press the bolt out, but "no soap"
- wouldn't budge.

The car is generally in very good condition and from the outside everything
looked fine. The only way to tell that something was amiss was to try to
turn the trailing arm bolts.

A new trailing arm went in along with Toby TABS with a thin coating of
antiseize on the smooth part of the bolt that needs to pivot inside the
trailing arm.

-Joe Kuchan