[DML] Re: Cricket in my transmission

Jason - From what you describe, your "cricket" is probably the throw
out bearing making some noise.  When you apply slight pressure to the
clutch pedal, this loads up the bearing slightly, which can quiet it
down in many cases.  This may (or may not) indicate that the throw
out bearing is getting close to the end of it's service life.  It
could be just some slight contamination in there causing the bearing
to drag.  In regards to the "second gear grind", the DeLorean
transmission is known to have weak synchro's, particularly for second
gear.  It probably happens more when you attempt to shift quickly?
The first thing that I would do is to completely flush the clutch
hydraulic fluid, and change out the clutch fluid line to the upgraded
braided stainless line if not already done.  With  the better line,
fresh fluid, and a good bleed job, your clutch will function as good
as its going to.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jmlaux83" <jmlaux83@xxxx> wrote:
> Alright, I made my first big boo boo with the car a few weeks ago.
> While still trying to get the hang of a manuel transmission car I
> accidentally tried to put my car in gear without pushing down on the
> clutch pedal first. It grinded for less then a second before I
> realized my stupid mistake. now when ever the car is moving and the
> cluch is not depressed it make a fast churping sound like a cricket
> but barely tuch the clutch pedal and it will go away.
>
> Also, sometimes when I put it into second it grinds slightly even
If the clutch pedal is completely down. What happened?