Re: [DML] Re: Delorean rear view camera

    I had to just sit in the car parked in the garage
for a good long while to decide where the screens
would go.  A couple of possibilities were recommended
and throught about.

I always liked the position of the screens on the high
end BMW's that we rent when working throughout europe,
yet there is no real good place on the center console
to mount the device and I considered on top of the
center vents but found that would look like some
amateur hack job.

It was recommended to remove the tach, which serves
almost no purpose on an automatic and put the screen
there, but that goes against my somewhat purist non
destructive philosophy. (should compliment, not
replace a component)

What is strongly considered is just to the right of
the center console where the passanger knee pad is.
Ill be making a small cardboard mockup and put the
screen in to see if I want to go that route.  Also
another trip to conrad to buy the box is in the works.

Mounted in a thin profile prokect box covered with
black leather, the box would be offset to angle
towards the driver like the BMW.  It will take time to
come out with a finished product but I dont have much
to do on the car this winter so here goes.

thanx

jordan
11613

PS   I found the pictures of the screen mounted in the
top of the door panel very interesting!

http://mail.yahoo.com