[DML] Re: Delorean rear view camera/indicator panel

[DML] Re: Delorean rear view camera/indicator panel

Jordan -

I agree with the others, this is a pretty cool thing you've got going
here. We did a backup camera on the show car in conjunction with the
LCD monitor in the dash, and mounted the camera between the license
plate lights, putting a slight cut in the top edge of the license
plate bezel. It does make a world of difference when backing up.

I like the small LCD, and it makes me wonder if something similar
could be done to fill the hole next to the rheostat left when the
clock is removed. Because of the location, angle and small size,
probably wouldn't be much good as a backup camera. But I remember Jan
Van De Wouw did a neat indicator panel there showing cooling fans,
etc. Hopefully he will chime in on that.

Keep us all posted.

James Espey
http://www.delorean.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder@xxxx> wrote:

> After doing some more playing around I found that two cameras offset
90 degrees, which would also be each camera 45 degrees off of the car
would allow for a large viewing area on two screens side by side.
Part procurment is the big issue as I only have 2 sony lcd modules and
PAL drivers.  Ill try it out though.