[DML] Re: BATTERY LIGHT ON

Have you contacted the company you bought it from? They should always
be your first line of defense when you have a problem with a product.
They should be willing and able to stand behind it and walk/talk you
through any problems that you have with it. Many times I have seen
where people will ask the DML first - and I'm not sure why. Do they
think the supplier will try to "wiggle" out of responsibility for it?
Is out of warranty? Either way, they *should* know their product
better than anyone else.

You mention that it is a 140amp alternator. A few years back, we had
tried a couple (2 or 3) 140 alternators from John Hervey and
experienced the same symptoms that you describe. We had one on our
former company black painted car as a tester and it died on us at a
car show in Austin - 2+ hours from home - not a fun time. In his
defense, he was pretty good about replacing them for us, but we
decided to go with a different supplier and have had good luck with
them. We sell the rebuilt Motorola 90amp alternators (exchange only)
and a new 105amp alternator (outright) that meets *almost* everyones's
needs. We put a special 180amp alternator in the show car because it
has all the super whiz-bang stereo/electronic stuff in it from the
same supplier and have had good luck with it, too.

Let me know if you need any advice if your supplier can't or won't
help you out. Stephen, Warren, Bill or any of our techs will be happy
to talk you through it on the phone or via email.

Regards,

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxx>
wrote:

> Battery light (discharge light) comes on under load (brand new
140Amp. Alt.) and new belt.
> When over 3000 r.p.m's about 8 on the meter, A/C on, lights on used
to be around 13!
> But then fans shut down at the same time the light comes on then the
fans come back on  and the discharge light goes out once I back off
the power.
> Seems to be related all wires seem to be tight and clean but I could
always re-check any suggestions?