RE: [DML] Re: Chevy Engine swap

I thought I'd put in a few random thoughts...

I have done a few engine swaps (not a delorean) and know the lots of things
can come up. so if you decide to do this my recommendation is to be sure you
are doing this for the right reasons (as in "the engine has a spun bearing
or other serious fault") and that it is well documented.  you need to know
exactly where every part came from and any part number that you can get.  if
you are having running problems or tuning problems I would consider trying a
mechanic that specializes in k-jet systems (Porsche, Volvo, Mercedes, etc.).
It may be something simple.  Also know that you can get a lot of power outta
that engine with the right modifications (turbos, cam changes, etc) although
that can cost just as much but can add to the car.  the PRV6 is a light
engine, the Chevy is not.  Keep in mind that the handling will be very
different with all that weight back there.  I would also go for fuel
injection.  you will get a lot more efficiency and reliability out of a nice
EFI.  it might be helpful to save the old engine and make sure the swap is
"bolt-on" (sort of) so that it can be reversed if the next owner wishes it.

Well that's all that comes to mind now but given your current situation I
would reconsider the swap.

Darkstar