[DML] Re: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "darryl" <darryl@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
I don't understand why anyone would want to keep waiting so they can
pay more for an unproven system if and when it is ever available.
<SNIP>

Easy. Almost every car out there on the road today has some sort of
factory badged, aftermarket parts line. MoPar, TRD, Nismo, Ford SVT,
MuGen, etc. These parts suppliers/developers serve two purposes: 1.
Performance Improvement & 2. Quality Recognition. Watch some of the
Car Shows on TV, or speak with some hardcore wrenchers of any marque.
Just as important as the result of using these products, comes the act
of telling others that you have purchased, and installed said parts
into your vehicle. Aside from fuction, use of specificly branded
products helps to further one's pride in one's own vehicle.

Whereas we DeLorean owners have nothing of the such, that has left a
void, and the 'Zilla line of products inadvertenyly filled that void,
to an extent. Don't believe me? Next time a group of you gather
around, listen to each other, and listen to how you all brag about you
cars. Everyone is quick to rattle off what 'Zilla products they have
installed. Infact, you guys & gals most time list them first, before
anything else. After all, who here last listed shoving a jumper into
the relay socket, in an efffort to prevent your A/C panel lights from
melting your car in the daytime, as one of the "mods" you've done to
your car? Hell, you can experieince the same thing by reading peoples'
web sites that they've built for their cars.

Now, I am not knocking the 'Zilla products at all. Like I've always
said, they've servered a dual purpose: Increase the reliability of the
DeLorean automobile, and draft a standard for what issues should be
corected in the DeLorean automobile (please remember what issues need
to be corrected, is a far cry from what is a better solution. I.e.
John Hervy's idea of isolating the power feed to the cooling fans is a
superior long term solution vs. PnP installation IMO). So, when you
have a reliable product line, with great marketing, that is what has
instilled such consumer loyalty.

Now, 'Zilla products are great IMO. HOWEVER, 4 years and nothing new
isn't exacly a good sign to me. Unless we hear something by years end,
I for one am willing to consider the 'Zilla product line defunct.

As for a product line brand name, we really need one. That alone would
REALLY inspire such loyalty to the vendors, and as a result inspire
pride, to feed that loyalty. "Hard Core Line", or DMCH's new: (Blank)
don't really inspire me to buy anything. Especially with such high
prices (exhaust system). I know that money paid to the vendors results
in better product development, and their continued existance. But
nothing there really jumps out, and *inspires* me enough to affect my
purchasing decisions for 100% vendor loyaty, if I've nothing to show
for it (keep the 'zilla factor in mind while reading this). I have
more pride telling people that I bought a new Swiffer mop, rather than
I donated money to feed poor people.

I'm a consumer, cater to my ego, not my sympathy.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"