Re: [DML] losing power

Larry,

A vacuum leak does make a car run lean. (Lean = not enough fuel for the
amount of air, thus the unmetered air of a vac leak leans the car out.) It
might also be a fuel delivery problem of some sort. This isn't very
specific, but if someone competent has diagnosed a lean condition using a
calibrated air/fuel meter then you need to determine whether the issue is a
vac leak or insufficient fuel delivery.

Unfortunately there are numerous places where you can have a vac leak on a
K-Jet, and likewise there are numerous potential sources of insufficient
fuel delivery. John's suggestions are good for starters on the fuel delivery
side.

I hate to say it, but if your exhaust was as hot as you say, you may have
some serious damage.

-Joe Kuchan

>From: "Larry Donn" <lumpyd2003@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] losing power
>Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:55:41 -0000
>

>I was told the car was running very lean. The exhaust was white hot.
>Would that more likely be a vacuume leak?

[moderator snip]