Re: [DML] Lockzilla or WingsAloft???

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Almy <chris.almy@xxxx> wrote:

> You should take note that the DPNW option uses the stock door lock
> controller. This device has several known problems and should not be
used.

Not necessarily. The problems with the stock door lock controller stem
primarily from it's being overloaded - the stock lock solenoids simply
draw a LOT of power which the relays on the controller can't handle.

If your module is currently working, it is a better idea to replace
the lock solenoids instead of the control module. The stock lock
solenoids are heavy, power hungry, and expensive at $110+ a piece if
(not when) you have to replace them. For $100 total, you can get a
pair of brand new linear actuators to replace the solenoids in both
doors and some outboard relays to drive them - meaning your stock lock
module will no longer be overloaded and should last the life of the
car. This has the added benefit of reducing the strain on your door
torsion bars & struts, reducing the strain on the electrical system,
and it's a quarter the cost of replacing your lock module & solenoids.
This kit is sold by www.delorean-parts.com as the "Wings-A-Loft Door
Lock Actuator Upgrade", part #K2500DP. (direct link:
http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DPNW&Product_Code=K2500DP&Category_Code=9401)

-Ryan