Re: [DML] Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?

Re: [DML] Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?

I have the chromed rims, which I think might be easier to clean than the
painted rims.
I like to spray degreaser on the rims like "Greased Lightning" which works
fantastic however
I noticed that these cleaners will suck all the grease out of the tires and
turn them ashy
and white, or brown....then you have to put on a lot of gels to get the
tires shiny again.
Most of the tire foams will work but you need to do it over and over again
to get the tires
to look black again.
So I found that the "rim cleaners" that they sell at Wal-Mart that are made
for cleaning
chrome and painted rims are the best because they seem to clean the metal
but not
suck the juice out of the tires.
I use a long handle soft bristle brush, first I soap the whole car up and
scrub it with the
brush, but I keep a separete brush for the rims only because they are extra
dirty and greasy.
Lately I have been using that "Mr. Clean" soap sprayer system they sell at
Wal-Mart for $20.00
The sectret to it is that is uses a big water filter cartridge that prevents
spots from forming
and it really does work.
I wash the car about 3 times a week or so, just a quick rinse.
However when I need to detail it I will use Windex and paper towels and hand
wipe the
entire car down and it will shine line new.
As long as you keep washing all the time and don't let the grime build up it
is easy to keep
clean. If you go for a while without cleaning it the grain of the steel will
become filled with
little black grime and make the car dull and grey.
Once it stains you need to use the abrasive methods to get the shine back.
I will use Greased Lightning or other metal cleaners when I need to on the
skin.

...but back to the rims, just use a soft brush after letting them soak with
RIM CLEANER
and then use some TIRE FOAM afterwards to let the tires soak in what they
were robbed.
- VB