[DML] Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?

[DML] Re: How do you clean your wheels rims?

You get your favorite wheel cleaner and an old toothbrush. Grind it on
both sides to a taper and it works for a while. BTW you are supposed
to use a new toothbrush every 6 months so if you have a family you
should have a good supply of old toothbrushes, enough to keep your
wheels clean! Bottle type brushes have a metal spine so I don't like
them, they could scratch the paint. The first time you clean the rims
it takes a lot of work but it is easier to keep them clean then to do
the initial cleaning. The front ones get the dirtiest from the brake
dust. When I clean my rims I find it a lot easier to take them off the
car and lay it on the driveway. Always use a tire valve cap on the
tire valves. It keeps the dirt and moisture out of the tire valve.
Don't forget to clean and check the spare. When I have the tires off I
also inspect for metal and glass in the treads, bulges and
delaminations, tread wear, etc. Also a good time to inspect the
suspension, brakes, and grease the front end.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

Technical info on Deloreans AND helpful hints on dental hygiene.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Owen @ Aerodrome" <owen@xxxx> wrote:

> Thought I'd see what the collective list wisdom is on cleaning the
"turbine" wheels.  I haven't found a toothbrush narrow enough to get
in between the spokes.

> On an unrelated note, is there a better way to dig through the
archives other than with the Yahoo interface?  I can't seem to get it
to search more than a few hundred messages at a time, which is rather
useless.