[DML] Re: Manual Shifting questions - Now Idle issues

[DML] Re: Manual Shifting questions - Now Idle issues

Mike - It sounds to me like a stuck idle speed motor.  They can get
gummed up inside, and fail to operate correctly.  If you unplug it,
or fiddle with the connection which can disturb the power to the
motor, and the idle drops to 900 rpm, then it tells me the motor is
stuck open allowing too much air in when powered up.

In regards to the broken allen wrench, you might be able to
carefully depress the mass air flow sensor plate enough to get to
the adjusment screw in order to extract it.  I would definitely get
the tool end out of there so that it can't find it's way into the
engine (that would be bad).  The CO2 screw must be totally
corroded.  You may have to disassemble enough to get it out and
clean everything up.  A good adjustment will then be required.
Sometimes the short cut is the longest way around.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Polzin" <MPolzin@xxxx> wrote:
> I am still having problems with a high idle. I tested the
frequency valve and it is good. The car was idling warm around 2000
RPM's, and I started to mess with the plug that goes to the idle
speed motor and the RPM's suddenly dropped down to a steady 900
RPM's... I thought great, the connections are dirty, easy fix! So I
cleaned up the connections, plugged it back in and I was back at
2000 RPM's, and no amount of playing with the plug would change
> anything. After taking the car out for a spin, it was then idling
at 3000 RPMs. I am pretty sure the mixture is off because the
exhaust smells bad, and it is sucking gas at an unreal rate. I tried
adjusting the mixture screw because I am sure it had already been
tampered with but couldn't get the mixture screw to budge... I
snapped my hex key trying. Now I need to figure out how to get the
head of the hex key out of there.