[DML] Transmission seal- FIXED

I've got to learn to stop "panic posting". My biggest problem was
that I couldn't see where the seal met the transmission casing due to
the amount of fluid and road grit covering everything. Eventually I
was able to clean up enough of the mess to see where to pry out the
old seal. It certainly is a tight fit.

Unfortunately I'll pay the price for all of this. A neighbor that I
haven't spoken to for the 3 years I've lived here ran out of her
house literally screaming profanities at me and that she hopes the
car falls and crushes my head. I expect a fine from the condo
association any day now.

Back to the seal: It's an easy job and as I was told by PJ Grady, you
do not and SHOULD not remove the large castellated nut on the
driver's side. It sets the pre-load on the differential and word is
that you invite trouble by tampering with it.

Thanks to all,

Rich