state. I fully concur that DeLoreans will suffer a similar fate (they
already are with craig radio displays, courtesy light delay modules, etc).

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79@xxxx> wrote:
> IF this happens to you (see previous posts) the first thing to do is
disconnect your Idle Speed ECU. The engine will idle differently, mine
was a little higher, but it will run. And it will run without the
engine accelerating on its' own. This is NOT a long term solution only
an emergency operating procedure. It should get you home. I think
we're going to see more of these go as the cars age.

> By the way, if this doesn't stop the problem then you've probably
got a loose connection somewhere or a vacuum leak. Do the ECU
disconnect first as it is the easiest check. The others are a time
consuming hunt.