Re: [DML] Burned engine oil

The fuel system work came out complete, and running well (not perfect)
when I got the car. Pump, accumulator, million different things were
replaced and the car made its trip to NY from the previous owners in
NC for me to take ownership (in '01? I don't even remember now). It
was very obvious that the car sat a very long time, there was marks on
the tires from where it sank down into the ground after years, tires
were dry rot, frame was totally shot, interior burned, steering shot,
a few blown out shocks, and etc. Body was
excellent though, with only a minor dent which is now long gone. But
now since the car has switched owners to me (you probably saw it on
Ebay, which ended with no buyers, and the owners weren't mechanically
inclined enough to bring such a car to good shape)... she has been
saved and is in perfectly good health! As for the oil, I had the
engine taken out in Feb so I could rebuild the frame. The engine was
put back in sometime in March, early April and I filled it wil 10W30
as usual. I know it wasn't gear oil, plus the gear oil I buy comes in
those round container that has a tip at the end so you can pour it in
small holes such as the plug for the transmission. There was no
Marvel, or flush, no other additives, so thats why I am a little
baffled to why the color was maroonish. If it was that easy, I would
have put this puzzle together already, perhaps something was wrong
with my particular case of oil? Dani B #5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DeLorean5000@xxxx wrote:

> I was told this car sat in North Carolina prior to when I got
> > it, how long is unknown. >
>
> You were told correctly.  The car sat a good 1.5-2 years at a gas
station not 4 miles from my house.  This was around the year 2000/2001
if I remember correctly.  At the time it was owned by a man in
Virginia who had it for 6-7 years sitting outside in his backyard.
This is what I was told by the mechanics at the service station.  How
or why it made it to NC, I have no idea.  It was there to have fuel
system work and a clutch put in.  I don't think they were ever too
successful in doing the work though.  Gas station has since been shut
down.  I have some pics of our cars side by side at the station
somewhere in my collection.....

.