[DML] Re: Some books are so wrong.

It looks like you've got that Quentin Wilson book. Why he hates our
cars so much, I'll never know.

However, I can tell you for certain that the A/C systems were not
bad. In fact, my mechanic who was the head mechanic for the Las Vegas
dealership told me that the Air Conditioning system on the DeLorean
was the most prided part of the car. He'd seen almost every possible
problem go wrong with the cars, but not a single soul had ever
complained about the A/C. And we're talking about the 120°F Las
Vegas
desert here.

The writer of the book is clearly biased, and the archives here have
some stories about him. He's spoken with DeLorean owners in the past,
and given them nothing but praise. And then has used their cars for
photo shoots, and ripped them to shreds.

A funny car book that just came out is called, "Automotive
Atrocities". I picked up a copy a few weeks ago.
/0760317879/qid=1095639871/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-7343223-3003048?
v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Funny as hell! And yes, both the DeLorean and the Bricklin are listed
in the book. However, the writer was pretty honest, and didn't really
have anything negative to write about the DMC-12 car itself. He even
gave it kudos as being one of the very few cars that are appriciating
in value. Although, he wasn't positive about JZD, (he had worse
things to say about the Cosworth Vega). The author has a VERY sharp
wit, and pulled no punches on the other cars. So it took me back a
little.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "paul" <paul.morgan@xxxx> wrote:
> a relative bought me a classic car book for my birthday. It didn't
make very
> happy reading the DMC section.
> I trust you disagree with these comments.
<SNIP>