[DML] Cold Start

Hi, everyone!

My DMC and I have come a relatively long way in the past year, and
we've been restoring her little by little during this time. We were
just about to take her to the "Sports Car Clinic" (a very reputable
Bosch exotic car shop) when, for no apparent reason, she won't start.
She'll crank and crank and crank.. and tries her best to catch, but
never does.. but ONLY when you try and start her cold. ..ONLY.

Over the past.. probably month.. she has had a harder and harder time
cold-starting. Now, when you DO get her to start, and you go out for
a drive and get it nice and hot, then turn off the key and start it
again, it fires up faster than you can blink. But as of now, she
won't start at all. It's not the charge, I'm sure.. her lights are
bright, and she has a relatively new alternator.

On her first trip to the Clinic, she had fuel contamination, but the
guys managed to save the fuel pump, warm up regulator, all injectors,
ect.. besides.. she doesn't have the fuel problems now.. when you get
going, it runs like nobody's business! Awesome to drive!

I spoke to Rob a while back and on the list of things he had on file
that were not repaired when he had it in his posession, (which was
the fault of an uncaring previous owner) was the starting coil. (he
remarked that it was the wrong one, but not broken, although if it
were him he would want to remedy that).

Also, in the paperwork I got when I brought her back from the Clinic
the first time, they had stated that the cold start was wired wrong
(rigged) but that they remedied that. Poor car.. I've put so much
into her and she just doesn't want to give back.. The previous owners
had Rob do approximately Six grand worth to her, and since I've had
her, I've probably sunk in at least Four. ..Plus I still need to
eventually replace the TAB's and I want to put in a new Computer
Governer to try and smooth out the shifts.

OK, OK.. anyway.. lol!  Can someone tell me as to why she won't cold-
start?  Also, any VA owners, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Warren and Heather
Black Auto. #0809