[DML] Re: Refilling Coolant

You put the coolant in at the header bottle. For the first fill, fill
it all the way up. Now put a pressure tester on it and bleed the
radiator and the water pump. Make sure the header bottle never gets
below 1/2 full. Stop if you have to and refill it. When you are done
the header bottle should be at or slightly above the ADD line. Any
nationally branded anti-freeze should be good. Prestone is around the
best. Mix 50/50 with soft water before pouring it in. In any case the
anti-freeze should say on it "Safe for Aluminum". To drain you remove
the hoses at the motor, radiator, and heater. Flsuh with water till it
runs clear. Dispose of used anti-freeze properly. It is TOXIC and
small animals are attracted to it by it's sweet smell. Wipe up any
spilled so you don't have to take your dog to the vet. You aren't
supposed to pour it down the sewer either. Save it for your hazardous
pick-up day or take it to a local gas station.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757