[DML] Re: PIGEON FORGE VIDEOS ARE HERE!!!!!! PIGEON FORGE VIDEOS

[DML] Re: PIGEON FORGE VIDEOS ARE HERE!!!!!! PIGEON FORGE VIDEOS

Speaking for myself, I would rather own the video memories made by "Video Bob", his expertise, and his equipment, including all of the video clips from many other people's camera viewpoints, instead of having my own "family" video.  I can truly appreciate his time spent filming and editing this video at any reasonable price.  For me, it meant that I didn't have to carry my digital video camera around everywhere that I went, especially since I cannot be in all places to cover all of the events that were happening at once.  VB was right in the middle of everything going on, with tripod set up in all of the best places.  I preferred sitting with my family and friends during the meetings, and enjoying the entire show in a relaxed atmosphere.

I'm the one who announced to the DML "Video of Cleveland 2000 available" on 7/31/00 (w/JZD) and never received slack from anyone about charging the nominal price of $24.99 (shipping included) for a 160 minute VHS tape.  Perhaps the people that thought it was too expensive didn't order it, or paid the price anyway if they wanted it bad enough.  I can tell you that the cost to produce it was no where near enough to pay for my time, not to mention proper copyrights.  We were happy with the response we received, and got many compliments on the quality and our efforts.  (Ken said it was by far, the best one he'd seen.)  I'm sure VB's DVD set is much nicer than any family vacation video we are able to produce.

I guess I'm glad I didn't offer my Eurofest '01 video to the DML (for fear of upsetting someone in a similar way of VB's attack).  It took me six months to edit, and I only made one copy of my original for a friend that didn't make it to Ireland, but really wanted to enjoy the movie, as he enjoyed the Cleveland tape so well.  He hoped that I would also produce a PF video, and although it was my intention, I encountered a problem with my digital camcorder after only 16 minutes of filming.  Thank God for Video Bob!!!  I know at least two more interested parties that will be happy to spend an insignificant cost to watch your video coverage.

"The only thing I can't imagine is": someone not understanding what the cost involved is... it doesn't matter, that's the price he said he'd produce it for, so it must be worth it to Bob, and the cost doesn't need to be justified.  Does anyone complain about the asking price for mechanical parts, because they think they should be sold at cost?  Come on, I know very few people that are willing to take time to do anything that isn't profitable.

"The only thing I don't agree with": is anyone who comments on $20 worth of anything being too much to spend without realizing that those remarks are only going to spark responses like "if you're really that cheap, don't buy it."  (As if you didn't see those responses coming!)  Wouldn't it be best to keep the negative thoughts to yourself (about the money) and close your mouth (so to speak), instead of opening it and removing all doubt?

-Cheryl Wester