From: Steve Deichman [mailto:swdeichman@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 8:06 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Headlight Switch Reproductions

Great news, as my headlight switch burned up on the way home from my class
reunion 5 years ago next weekend and I have had to live with a temporary
solution since!!

advise how to order - thanks
Steve

Rod Dillman <rhdillman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After reading James' recent posting about DMC, Humble's plan to offer owners
a chance to pre-order headlight switches as well as a follow up posting, I
talked with Stephen Wynne at DMC. I have owned two Deloreans over the past
five years and have never needed a headlight switch for either. My first
DeLorean had around 80,000 miles showing on the broken speedometer when I
traded it for a refurbished DeLorean from DMC then located in Houston. While
my refurbished car has been trouble free for the 3 years I have owned it, I
still carry a spare fuel pump with me on trips as well as spare belts, spare
fuses, replacement lamps for the xenon boosted headlights that I upgraded to
and small tools and screwdrivers. I probably should also carry a spare water
pump and if it were as compact as the fuel pump I would have already bought
it. I pre-ordered two Headlight Switches today in hopes that the 250 goal
will be achieved soon and DMC can place the order with the manufacturer. To
me $80 is
insignificant should you have a headlight switch failure on a dark night
away from home and, for me ,probably on a weekend. If I never need either
headlight switch, just the peace of mind of having one on a trip is worth
the price. Recently there was a headlight switch and a hazard switch on ebay
for a Buy It Now price of $125. I was tempted but I would rather have a new
reproduction switch for $40 than a 20 plus year old NOS switch even if the
price were the same. I encourage any others who may feel the same as I, to
place orders soon so that production can begin and the new switches
delivered. Just for the record, I have no connection whatsoever with DMC,
Humble other than being a satisfied customer.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews