[DML] Re: Coolant leak under manifold ... but where?

[DML] Re: Coolant leak under manifold ... but where?

You'll need a cooling system pressure tester. Every auto parts store
has them available thru a rental tool program of some type. You buy
it, keep it for as long as you need, and then return it. That's how
they work it.

Pop the radiator cap, hook up the tester, and pump up the pressure in
the system. If there are any leaks, you'll find them as they spray
water out. Aside from slightly leaking hoses, I had a bad O-ring on
the Y-pipe. No, I couldn't tell it from the outside, but once I
removed the pipe, I could see where the coolant was seeping out.

Keep the pressure tester, because you will need it. Once you've got
the cooling system hooked back up, pressurize it again, and make sure
that there are no leaks. I found that I had to apply sealant to the
flange gaskets.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"