[DML] Re: Replacing the Door Strut

I don't recomend doing it by holding with your arm. You can get into a
bind if you get one end loose and have trouble with the other. I was
at a show once where we mangled a strut trying to remove the end. We
eventually had to crack it off. Hold the door open with a prop from
the doorsill, NOT THE FLOOR. If the car were to move the prop would
slip out if it was from the floor. A short piece of 2X4 and a hammer
may be required to get the strut off. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REMOVED THE
SMALL CLIPS ON THE ENDS!!!!. Failure to remove the clips will result
in damage to the ball studs and frame. Don't ask a friend to hold the
door open either, it could take a lot longer than you figure. If you
drop a tool or have to get one how can you do that when you are
holding the door up? Sometimes the simplist tasks can get you into big
trouble, work safe.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757