[DML] Re: Ignition issue- RESOLVED (long)

[DML] Re: Ignition issue- RESOLVED (long)

David,
> > If you're advocating buying such parts only from a vendor that's
> > nonsense. All you're doing when you succumb to this is admitting
you
> > don't have the expertise to know the difference. Do you really
think
> > DMC or any other vendor has a factory out back making spark
plugs,
> > wires, coils, or most other components?

Hey if I was smart enough, I know for a fact that I could source
EVERYTHING (for a price) for a Delorean.  Alternators, Plug wires,
Relays, Evaporators etc Can all be sourced or custome made.  As long
as Stainless Steel is being produced, panels "can" be made.  As long
Fiberglass is around a new body shell "can" be produced. That is the
same with the frame, the wheels and every other part.
Everything "can" be reproduced or sourced.  All you need is time and
$$$$ and it can all be yours for the taking.

Seriously though, I go with the vendors on most things because of
the "insurance policy" I have that the items will work and if they
don't I have a person/business to go backto.  In addition, I don't
want the headache af re-inventing the wheel in some cases, or in
other cases looking for another place to get a wheel when I already
know where I can find one.

I want to spend my time enjoy driving my car...while others may enjoy
the hunt for parts.

Just my opinion.

Michael
Vin# 02944