Re: [DML] Looking for a DMC

Wald, Congratulations on the ten pound loss. You ask how my car rides on long trips. I am probably not a good one to give an opinion. My other cars are Cadillacs and they definitely are roomier and are more comfortable. I bought a 1974 MGB-GT new in 1974  and the DeLorean ride to me is far superior. The DMC feels glued to the road on curves, has a sports car "feel" for the road, yet is air-conditioned and has adjustable seats which, to me, offer good support on a trip. Keep in mind that I am not an agressive driver and contrary to how some feel I have no complaints about the power of the engine. On a trip I usually get 25-26 miles per gallon on regular gasoline. I change oil every three thousand miles and the oil level is still on full after three thousand miles. Overall I feel that the car is pleasurable on a long trip however there are drawbacks. It causes you to pack efficiently on a trip since luggage space is limited. Be prepared for cars on interstate roads to hang in your
 blind spot to look at the car. I have almost pulled into cars in the passing lane three times. I finally added the cheap stick-on convex mirror to the drivers side. I am very cautious before pulling into another lane now. I enjoy driving the car and I confess that I enjoy the comments and conservations that it generates.

waldwagen <waldwagen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi,

I'm down ten pounds already. My daily running is doing wonders for
my metabolism.

I looked at Delorean Motor Cars website and they offer completely
refurbished DMC's with a few performance upgrades for 35k. What do
you think?

Also, how does your DMC ride on long trips?

Thanks

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rod Dillman wrote:
> Wald- I once bought a DeLorean with potential "cheap" only to find
that after I had spent over $6,000 on new parts that it had a rusted
and dangerous frame. I traded it to DMC Humble for one of their
refurbished cars. I have owned the new car for three years and it
has been a pleasure to drive and trouble free. I can drive it on
long trips with confidence, with my fixer I never got farther from
home than my AAA towing mileage limit.My advice is for you to lose
the 100 pounds and call DMC Humble.I recomend that you get the xenon
boosted headlight option that they offer, they are great at night
and the cost was only $200. Good luck on the diet, I lost 30 pounds
on the Atkins diet a year and a half ago and have kept it off. It is
the only diet that I have ever managed to stay on for more than two
meals.

[moderator snip]