that merely denotes the engine's North American paucity compared to
the 4 cylinder unit, not some DeLo difference.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxx>
wrote:
> Be very, very careful when you let someone mess with the jetronic K
fuel system who does not have experience working on Deloreans'.  It
is nearly bullet proof, remember their are components that are Not
Volvo, It is a delorean!  I've been down that road by someone that
was an "expert on Volvo's and Yes jaguar's too" over the years and
speak from experience and it was not fun!-one of those two shops are
now out of business.
> Just some food for thought.
>
> Other issues fine but when someone that is not familiar with the
Deloearn fuel system starts trying to figure it out you could more
likely be spending ALOT more money than necessary.  The fuel system
is something you don't want to leave inexperience mechanic trying to
learn on your car.  No matter how much they try and convince you, ask
have they ever worked on deloeran's specifically the fuel system?

> You might be alot better off diagnosing and repairing the car
yourself with the help of the DML, we all have just about seen every
issue with fuel system and could probably nail down problem pretty
quickly if it isn't already been diagnosed and best of all the advice
is free and your get the correct parts from the correct vendors!!!

> Hey everybody,
>
> Just bought a DeLorean a few weeks ago. It's an 81 Automatic, dark
> grey interior, with 28K on it. I've always wanted one and thought
> they are just the neatest looking cars. It runs and drives very
well.
> The previous owner (I'm guessing) didn't put in any of the updates
> because everything looks original. I had the common (I think) hot
> start problem. Everything i've read said the most common thing to
fix
> it is the fuel accumulator. I replaced that first, hoping it would
> solve the problem. Well, it didn't, so I then tried the check valve
O-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews