[DML] Re: Alternator problems

Too bad you don't have a known working Motorola alternator or
regulator. Did you check the light function? That is, disconnect the
light wire and ground it there by the alternator - the light comes
on? If so then you most likely do have a bad alternator/regulator.
Did you load up the electrical system with fans on, etc.?

It is hard to say what might be bad since I believe (I can't find my
motorola literature) the motorola is internally energized and the
light function is a "triggered" function that is activated
separately by the regulator. Therefore the alternator will work even
if the light bulb is bad, gone, etc.

Harold McElraft - 3354