[DML] Re: DMC Maintenence

Matt - You should have a look at the RPM relay.  We have moved a
number of them recently.  It seems to be their cycle at this time.
This relay allows power to the fuel pump when the engine is running
(or at least turning over a minimum of RPM's).  You can jumper the
RPM relay socket to test this, but this is only a very temporary
test configuration.  Don't operate the car with the RPM relay
bypassed.  You do this by making a short jumper wire with male spade
terminal ends, and inserting them in the #30 and #87b positions in
the RPM relay socket.  If the car starts and runs in this mode,
replace the RPM relay.  If this doesn't do the trick, then the hunt
is on for the culprit.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmc4matt" <dmc4matt@xxxx> wrote:
 His first thought was that it was
> the fuel pump, but as he looked more into it, he thinks it may be
the fuel relay, because he says it smells burned. So that is where I
am with it.