[DML] Re: Frame Replacement-Anyone Up For Saving A DeLorean?

[DML] Re: Frame Replacement-Anyone Up For Saving A DeLorean?

Count me in! I don't have the knowledge required but I can follow
directions.  Contact me off-list to confirm dates etc. if you get
this thing off the ground.  Good Luck!

Dennis
Woodbridge, Va

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael & Denise" <luckeys71@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi gang,
>   After replacing the slave cylinder last week with a big assist
from Dave Sontos I decided to buy a frame listed on eBay in the hopes
of saving my rusted car.  The problem lies in the fact that I do not
have the technical capabilities or the tools to do this so I thought
I'd consult with the group here to see if the possibility exists of
assembling a team to try and accomplish this.  There are many small
issues to work out but if this can be done I would be happy to have
folks stay with my here in Newport News, Va. for however many
weekends would be needed or pay for accommodations at our area
hotels.  This is a big project to undertake and I honestly don't know
if it can be pulled off but I felt I should at least try.  All kinds
of things would probably need to be replaced when disassembling the
vehicle (brake lines, coolant lines, etc.) so anyone with any
suggestions on things to look for or replace I would appreciate it.
As Dave Sontos can attest to the frame is pretty much shot but the
car runs strong and the interior and exterior are in fairly nice
shape which makes me feel like this is worth a shot.  So tell me
honestly guys am I dreaming or can this actually be done?  Any and
all input is appreciated as I've already learned so much from this
list it's unbelievable.