Re: [DML] Fascia paint

The previous owner of my first DeLorean painted the front and rear facia a silver color that somewhat matched the stainless color. It looked OK  but I never really liked it because it was far from a perfect match. I am not sure paint could ever be so with stainless. While this is somewhat a  personal preferance issue, I always thought it stood out in a negative way since it clearly was not factory origional. To me it sent the message that it had been painted the "wrong" color. Having said that , I have always wondered why the gray color was chosen origionally since it gives a great deal opf contrast with the matching stainless. Contact me off  group if you would like a photo. I have no digital photos of the car. Rod 10921

nicholden@xxxxxxxxx wrote:Hi, before i re-assemble my car (which is a while off yet!) i am
going to have all the fascias re-painted. Has anyone ever had them
painted a silver to try match the stainless as opposed to the
standard grey/sliver which looks like it was trying to match but
never quite did. Any photos would be great.

Cheers Nick 10927