RE: [DML] Re: Rear Bumper Lettering

There is only two ways of doing it, and both would need some drilling into
the fascia.
Either you would cut the letters out with a dremmel and put a translucent
plate and a light behind it or you would use indiglo paper cut to fit, run
the wire through the center of the letter
and out the back.
Unless this is a complete plate that fits OVER the old letters.

I have thought about all this before, where I wanted to cut the letters out
and put a plate behind it that glows a dim white when on, and then turn bright
red when braking.

It's not something that you could sell as a kit really, you just have to do
it.
- VB

>From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DML] Re: Rear Bumper Lettering
>Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:59:17 -0000
>
>I saw the lettering in person earlier this week. It is FANTASTIC!  It
>looks as good in the daylight when it is off as it does at night.
>There are a couple of minor issues yet to be resolved but this is one
>of the better cosmetic upgrades I have seen in a while. It should be
>easy to install when all the "bugs" are fixed. It is not quite ready
>for sale but if you are interested you should let Mark know so he can
>gauge the demand. He may be comming to the Fall Tour so if he does
>then more people can see it in person. BTW it is NOT obvious how he
>did it but it is clever!
>David Teitelbaum
>vin 10757

[moderator snip]