[DML] Re: Engine shuts off @ idle(was blinkers blinkers fixed)

This is one of the main grounds of the car.  You are right, it
connects to the frame underneath the coolant bottle.  I found this
connection to be very loose and corroded on my car where it bolts
through the firewall.  My solution was to rip out that bolt, pull
the black connector out through the hole into the engine bay (the
part that was originally inside of the car), and then use a stronger
connector to join the two ground wires.  The type I chose looks like
a hollow brass cylinder with 2 screws in it.  This makes the bare
wires a little less exposed.

Additionally, while you're in there, you'll notice there's 3 brown
wires that connect to the main HOT for the car, bolted to the
pontoon on your right.  These were also very loose and corroded on
my car.  My fix here was to take those 3 brown wires, strip off the
ends, and place all 3 of them in a single 4 gauge ring connector
(they'll fit!) sealed with heatshrink tubing.

Sometimes I'd really like to get ahold of the person who wired my
car.  There's many places on the car where a whole bunch of wires go
to the same exact place.  Rather than wire them all together and use
a single connector, they left them all separate, with 3 to 5
separate connectors.  It's my opinion that you should try to
minimize the number of connections which are joined by only
mechanical means (i.e., quick disconnect-type terminals).  Use
solder wherever possible.  Simplicity is key!

Matt
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxx>
wrote:
> In the engine bay, while I was back there working on`the blinkers
behind the ignition coil.   I noticed under all the different color
plugs, and to the right of the coil, there is a BLACK WIRE which
looks like a ground wire.
> Well when the wire is moved the slightest the engine dies @ idle.
> It comes out of the firewall along the right side of the engine
and looks like it goes somewhere under the coolant bottle.  Seems to
be an easy diagnosis but before I start replacing it, what it go
to???  Part # etc... etc...