Re: [DML] car covers

I bought the car cover that DMC Humble sells while in Pigeon Forge this past June. I had one of the origional brown cloth covers that was a dealer option but it is not water repellant and by now is becoming thread bare. The DMC cover is the best fitting, best made car cover that I have ever seen. In addition to the standard eyelets in the center that you put a locking cable through, it has two nylon straps,one front and one at the back that connect with nylon fasteners that keep the cover strapped tight when outside in the wind. The cover is water repellant and comes with a monogramed storage bag. When traveling I now cover the car at night and it greatly reduces the cleanup due to rain, dew, dust,etc.The cover is made of a silver polyester material and has the DMC logo on the front. The cover is thin which is great for compact travel storage but it is not one that would have the cushion properties of a thicker fabric. I have two other covers for other cars that have the thicker
 bonded layers made by Kimberly Clark(NOAH). I prefer the DeLorean cover fabric. If you are only interested in a cover for for indoor storage a thicker fabric may be preferred, for both indoor use and travel I can recommend the DMC Humble cover.

Mike Walsh <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With "car storage" season coming up I was wondering if anyone had any
car cover recommendations. I want a good one and don't mind paying a
little extra for it. The Delorean might be stored in a heated room or
a unheated garage. It won't be outside so I am not too concerned with
rain/snow.

- Mike