[DML] Charging Problem.......Solved! :)........

[DML] Charging Problem.......Solved! :)........

Hi All

Just wanted to post a big thank you to all who have helped me out
with my charging problem.

....After installing a brand new alternator sourced within the UK, i
found that my battery light was still illuminating and subsequently
not charging my system. With your help i assessed that the battery
and wiring etc was all ok and that by testing the new alterntor's
output, that this was the cause of my problems.....lesson learned
just because its new it doesnt mean it works! :)....

I especially wish to highly praise one of your suppliers ....John
Hervey,'Special T' for his help, in not only choosing an alternator
suitable for my needs but for shipping this so quickly to me in the
UK...sent this out the same day friday and i got this on the monday
at 8.30am!, and at such a very reasonable cost too. (infact cheaper
including the delivery, than for the supply only of a 'origional'
spec alternator )

..The 140 he supplies is simply brilliant, quiet, compact and dead
simple to install and has all shiny new bolts, 'proper' electrical
connections and even a new dash bulb!...with easy and plain
instructions.... what more do i want?.... Took the car out on a 30
mile run last night and threw everything at it lights, ac, stereo and
even hazards at the same time :)....not even a blip in the engines
performance at speed or idle... it may be me but i swear it runs
smoother than it ever has.

Many thanks again for all the advice and help...its the best auto
newsgroup i know of.

Mike

doc403
Yorkshire,UK

(in no way affiliated to Special T Auto.)