Re: [DML] BLINKERS BLINKERS(half way solved)

Re: [DML] BLINKERS BLINKERS(half way solved)

O.k today I fixed the rear driver blinker it was not as easy as cleaning the plug contacts and boards everything was tight and clean.  I do have the radio shack screws installed in the rivets on the boards.  However, I took a light tester to the green/red wire (power for the left rear blinker) and the board as well and found there is no power.  So I had to trace the wire to a loose connections back behind the ignition coil on the black plug in connector.  Which apparently was not making a good connection even though it was in and tight.  I'll test it out once it stops pouring out there.

As for the front driver blinker same problem will not blink with the headlights ON, does not light up.  Checked the grounding 10mm bolt and replaced it, no change.
Any suggestions for that one, odd?
Soma576@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 8/22/04 4:49:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
john_podlewski@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Two Blinker Issues:
> #1 My rear driver side blinker does not work
> at all BULBS AND FUSES GOOD, the passenger rear and front side is fine?

John,
try removing the tail light lens and remove the wiring harness from the
circuit board. get some electrical cleaner and douse the circuit board where the
clip goes on. rub it in with a towel to get any dirt off the contacts. on the
plug, try getting a little wire brush in there so you can soak it in cleaner
and scrub the contact pins. once they are clean, use a little allen wrench
and bend the pins toward the middle of the connector so they will be as tight as
possible on the board when you reinstall. i bet the one that goes to the
blinker is either bent outwards or dirty. lots of dust can get back there so i
wouldn't be surprised. if that still doesn't work, get a multimeter or test
light and check for +12V off/on/off/on on that pin for the blinker (either
follow the solder trail from the bulb or check the wire color with your shop
manual). what do you find? also check the solder trail on the board for cracks or
damage.

if you still have no power back there, contract me off-list and i will assist
in helping you with a continuity check along the rest of the electrical
system for the light bulb.

> #2 Also the driver front blinker works fine
> but only WITHOUT the headlights. When the headlights are on it does not
> light up at all? VERY ODD and the dash gauge for the left blinker is steady,
> i.e does not blink but is lit.

this one is odd. I would begin by removing the lens for the blinker and
checking for damaged wiring or insulation. you have checked all of your frame
grounding points and they are all clean and tight, right? I think the light
ground is connected to the front subframe/frame extension. you can view it thru
the brake master cycliner access cover. the screw is 10mm and there are maybe
three other wires at the location.

Andy