[DML] Re: Cooling System Care

Using "tap" water is usually fine. Where it may not be so good is if
you have a well and the water is particularly hard. The minerals will
come out of solution inside your cooling system coating the inside and
reducing the ability of the system to transfer heat. Distilled water
is usually overkill unless you know your area has hard water. In that
case most houses will have a water softener and if you don't go
overboard with the softener that water is probably OK. Always try to
stay with a premium branded anti-freeze, it usually won't be green
dye. You don't have to change it every 2 years. It can be tested to
see if it is becoming acidic.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757