[DML] Re: Cooling System Care

You *can* use distilled water, but it will be a bit more expensive
and more difficult to get the water flowing thru to really flush it.

I thought about the same thing when I did mine, and the garden hose
worked best.

If you remove the engine block drain plugs after you flush it, you
will get practially all of the water out.  Besides, if you do it
every two years anyway, you'll be maintaing your system properly.

Don't forget to pressure-bleed the radiator to get the air out after
you fill it back up with coolant.

Johnny
5518

> When flushing a cooling system should the new coolant be mixed
with tap water or distilled water or does it really matter? Several
years ago I had a head gasket failure on an aluminium block Cadillac
engine and the service manager told me  that if I had added GM
Cooling System Seal Tabs(Part No. 3634621-a $4 part) with an engine
flush every 3 or 4 years it would likely have eliminated a $1500
head gasket repair. Since the DeLorean engine block is aluminium
should a similiar additive be used in it?  Your thoughts will be
appreciated.