[DML] Re: Still a starting problem

Gee! you have a lot of problems with your car! And you don't mention
them all at 1 time. For your incline problem pull the fuel pump, drain
and wipe out the fuel tank, and inspect all the parts in there. Make
sure they are all there, and they are properly positioned. I suspect
you will need to replace your suction hose. You may also need new
boots for the fuel pump, especailly if they do not fit good but in any
case if they are deteriorated. This may also help with your cold start
problem. The fuel pump is geting air into the fuel system and not
getting the pressure up like it should. Like I said before, MANY of
the fuel system problems begin in the fuel tank! I think if you ever
have any fuel system problems the FIRST thing that should be done is
an inspection in the tank. You will be amazed at the conditions that I
have seen even on good running cars have in the tank. From completely
deteriorated boots to rust to water sloshing around, dirt, and parts
put of position. And I don't see all that many cars so most of the
Deloreans out there probably should have the fuel tanks cleaned out
and inspected! It isn't all that hard to do. The biggest thing is to
safely get the fuel out and that can be made easy if you run the tank
down by driving. I recomend that when you store the car for the winter
you drain ALL the fuel out and wipe out the tank. That way when you
start the car up in the Spring you can do it on FRESH gas. BTW the gas
companies blend fuel for each season so if you parked the car on Fall
gas it will not be the right blend for the Spring besides being months
old. One bad tank of gas can really ruin your day. If the station has
a leaky tank and you get a big slug of water your fuel injection
system will not like it one bit! It will stay in your tank because it
goes right to the bottom.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757