[DML] Low fuel warning indicator

Hello group,

Approximately how much fuel is left in your tank when your low fuel
warning indicator comes on?

I have only been a DeLorean owner for about 6 months and am on my
5th or 6th tank of fuel. I have never seen the low fuel warning lamp
come on, although I know the bulb is good.

When I turn the ignition to the run position without starting the
car, my low fuel lamp does not illuminate. I know modern cars will
illuminate the low-fuel warning lamp as a circuit check under such
conditions, but it is my guess the DeLorean's sender does not have
this much "intelligence" built in (unless, of course, the fuel tank
is nearly empty).

I have not replaced my fuel sender, but it says delorean.com on it,
so it much be DMCH's. I do not know how old it is. It appears to
work just fine, with the possible exception of the low fuel warning.

I have been running the fuel down low trying to get the low fuel
warning indicator to illuminate, but it hasn't so far. Last fillup
was a little over 11 gallons. I thought that would be sufficient to
illuminate the indicator, certainly as fuel was sloshing about and
the fuel gauge would go down to "0".

What is everyone else's experience? I imagine this will depend what
fuel sender you have installed, so I am primarily interested in DMCH
sender users.

Thanks,
Brian
VIN# 4494