[DML] Latest ignition status

As Dave Titlebaum constantly reminds me, just because it's relatively
new, doesn't mean it's still working.

Today I replaced my plugs, and wires. For science's sake, I ohm'd out
the old wires (7mm). My new hi-po wires are 8mm silicone, measuring
apprx 600-ish ohms per wire depending on the length.

Of my old wires, 2 of them read "infinite" or broken, or perhaps were
so resistant that I'd need a meg-ohm meter to truly read them. The
other 4 were between 5 and 950 thousand ohms. Either way, all 6 were
junk. I noted that they seemed kind of stiff from the engine heat.

New Bosch (gapped) plugs, new wires, new rotor and cleaned up the cap
contacts, new coil and ballast resistor. Checked the timing and
checked the CO with the dwell meter.

All of this had absolutely no effect. The engine runs as poorly as
before. The only difference, is that no matter how loaded the engine
is, the timing light still strobes strongly instead of going dark as
it used to.

As before, different coil/ballast resistor combinations create
different symptoms, but none of them good.

I have a few more tests, then I may start looking at fuel delivery,
despite the fact that I've measured fuel pressures with a K-jet test
rig.

Cheers,

Rich A.