[DML] Re: What ever happened to the ZILLAS?

[DML] Re: What ever happened to the ZILLAS?

The last thing that I heard, was that he was taking time off from building Zilla products, so
that he could build his own house. But that was 3 years ago. After that, I saw pictures from
one of the conventions, where he was raffling off prizes. Never heard anything since.

As for the door launchers, as you already saw from his post, Toby sells a kit for these. Or,
you can get a set of solenoid door openers, and adapt them for the DeLorean (that's what
was done with my car). I've no experience with Toby's kit, but can tell you that I hate the
solenoids on my car. VPA offers no phone support, and wouldn't even point me in the
direction of a wiring diagram for their system (the idiot who put it on my car, miswired
everything). Plus, you will have to perform a torsion bar adjustment.

Some people say that they would prefer the solenoids, because they work faster than the
actuators. If you think that an additional second or so is too long to wait, all I can say is
this: Take a stopwatch to a Bricklin with hydraulic door rams, and see how long those
things take to open!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"