[DML] Led dome lights

Dear List,

    Thank all of you that responded to my dome LED problem. You have
confirmed my suspicions that the LED resistance is too high to make the
solid state delay work. Putting a load resistor in the circuit would run
the current up close to the lamp wattage.To those that suggested that I
unplug the white delay module, I took your advise and did just that.
There is no need to jumper around it, it is already hard wired that way.
    Now, the reason I went to the LED dome is, while taking the light
assembly out to work on my headliner, I found the plastic wrap on the
wiring harness  was so hard that it broke just by moving the wiring
harness. A few inches away from the light it was okay. This tells me
that at one time the dome must have been on for a long time. I saw this
as a fire hazard. The heat of the OEM bulb at 7 watts is too much! The
low current of the LED is much safer. I can live without a delay. If I
ever change my mind,  I'll put a solid state delay with relay output in
place of the white module. www.electronickits.com   has a kit for $20
that will do the job, it takes some wiring changes and it won't plug in,
but it can do the job. The delay time can be adjusted too.

Thanks again,      :-)
Steve Ableman  1089