[DML] Early '81 VIN 961 going up for sale

[DML] Early '81 VIN 961 going up for sale

Fellow DMLers...

I am offering my early '81 VIN 961 up for sale. This is becoming more
of a necessity for me as I have recently married and adopted a son. I
no longer have the pleasure income and time to invest in my Delorean
and would like to not see it deteriorate back to how I found it.
Before I list the car on eBay as a must sell I wanted to offer it up
on the DML.

Stats are as follows --

April 1981 VIN 961 - around 17,000-18,000 miles (was purchased in May
2002 with 14,000 miles, I have kept this car low mileage but I have
not looked at the odometer lately)
5-speed manual, stock engine, black leather interior
Body: Straight and in very good condition
Interior: No cracks in binnacle or dash
Leather seats are in very good condition
Has Black DMC floormats
Complete brake system overhaul by DMC Houston - May 2003
NEW Cooper Cobra GT Tires - Installed locally in 2002
NEW Clutch Master Cylinder and Stainless Steel Line
NEW Battery - 2004
NEW D150 Alternator, Ignition coil, plugs, relay kit
NEW Fuel pump, accumulator, filter installed 2003
New Passenger door heavy duty window motor assembly installed
Installed front end recall update
Installed new inertia switch

I have replaced and installed numerous other parts the past two years
and will pass on the information and receipts to the new owner. I had
it at the DMC Houston 2003 Open House Event and the racetrack drags
for those that remember. I currently have it appraised for $25,150.

This car does need the following...

New headliners - current ones sag
New interior courtesy light
New clutch slave cylinder - hard shifting unless clutch is bled
frequently
Currently the fuel pump does not run. The pump is new, either I have
lost juice to it or it is a defective pump.

I am currently working on the above problems to get the car back on
the road as it should not take much. I am asking $15,000. I have the
ability to trailer and deliver the car personally to the new owner
should we come to an agreed delivery fee based on distance and time
involved.

Please message to me privately by email
at "mmetzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" or my cell phone at 620-441-9788. I
will happy to provide pictures and more information by email to
interested buyers.

I pains me to sell but I would like someone to keep this VIN on the
road and to continue its legacy. Thank you!

Matt Metzinger
Arkansas City, KS
VIN 961 - KS Tag: TIMELES