[DML] Re: Auto Trans Shift Points

In the Delorean the vacuum modulater ONLY modulates line pressure.
It's sole function in life is to set the line pressure and lower it in
preparation for a shift to make the shifts smoother. If you want to
experiment changing shift points try adjusting the cable from the
throttle spool to the shift computer. You can make small changes
there. For any big changes you are going to have to redesign a new
shift computer as it is what determines when to shift. The only things
you can do to affect it is the kick-down switch which will force a
downshift (within certain rules) and the position of the gas pedal as
communicated through the cable to the shift computer. IMHO there is
very little to be gained from changing the shift points unless you
have made major changes to the motor or the final drive. For shift
hold you can try using the gear selector in the console. If you put it
in D2 it will shift up to 2nd from 1st and back but not go to 3rd.
Simularly if you put it in D1 it will not shift out of D1. Be careful
not to overspeed the motor when using shift hold.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanss@xxxx wrote:
> Hey all, I have a question and I don't know if it has been discussed
much in the past. I have the auto in my car, and really, regrettably, I
don't know that much about the Renault unit.