Re: [DML] I NEED HELP! (fwd)

Call Eleanor Rogers, owns Island Turbo, and ask her to recommend someone. You need a mechanic that is familiar with this setup. It sounds like, for starters, your distributor was not re-curved properly. That's just a shot in the dark based on your post.

kkurth2675@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: kkurth2675@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: I NEED HELP!
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:36:36 +0000

Hello to all you delorean enthusiasts out there, this e-mail may be a little long or long winded due to my nature and love for this car...but here it goes. I own an '82 DeLorean and have owned it now for four years. Unfortunately, ever since I've owned it, it has given me some issues like most of you out there probably can relate to. To make a long story shorter, I've put over $10,000 of factory/aftermarket parts onto the car since I've bought it. Even now, the car still needs some more TLC. I have a cold start valve problem which means the cold start valve has to be plugged in when it's cold--if it's left in when the engine is warm and not turned on the car floods itself out, engine pan oil seal was replaced and it still leaks, the oil pressure needle bounces all over the place most of the time when going down the highway, I also have the Island twin-turbo system on the car when I bought it, there's a lot of popping at higher rpm's--it's done this forever since I've owned the car.